Friday, November 20, 2009

Skin rash on my 6 month old?

My daughter has patches of rough skin on different areas of her body. Some are red, some are skin toned. They don't seem to bother her, and they go away a few days after i notice them. Her pediatrician said it was ring worm, and gave me a cream for it, but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't make sense to be ring worm. She's had them since she was born. And ring worm doesn't go away on it's own...Some of the spots are about dime sized, and she had one on her elbow the size of a quarter, but it's already gone. They feel rough. Not like sand paper, but more like skin thats healing from a sunburn. Does anyone know what this is? And if there's anything I can do for it?|||is difficult to answer because is almost neccesary for a doctos see the rash to make a diagnosis. With that description i think in atopic dermatitis as a possibility but is hard to know. Look for a dermatologist|||it may be eczema.


go to a dermatologist and they will prescribe the right medication.|||Something similar happened to me about a year ago on my neck. My mom said it was just a sunburn. I tried some aloe vera, but I think whaterver it was, it just healed on it's own. Maybe she has dry skin or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment