Monday, November 16, 2009

Horrible itchy skin rash #2?

I have had this rash for about 6 weeks now. Started on my scalp, spread to a patch on my forehead, then across the nape of my neck from ear to ear, then down my back and around my hips, one small patch on my belly and a few spots on my forearms, the left side of my left breast and one patch behind my right armpit. When I went to the doctor it was still only on my head and upper back. He gave me a steroid shot and prescriptions for steroid and antihistamines. Obviously they did not work and now I have come down with a cold. I cannot begin to tell you how miserable this all is. Does anyone know of a lotion or cream that can numb the skin so I can at least get some sleep? I've tried lanacaine and hydrocortisone creams, oatmeal baths, and about 10 other lotions. I doubt if the doctor will give me any more steroids since I have a cold, and it didn't work the first time anyway. The rash doesn't look as bad as it is, just red and raised with some small bumps. Help!|||Go back to your doctor. Could be an allergy. You can still take steroids when you have a cold.|||Go to a dermatologist. Your doctor may have misdiagnosed you.|||paw paw cream would be a good start, it can be brought from any pharmacy and is in a red tub or tube. and if that does'nt work you can alson try using teatree oil, i have a skin rash/infection on my chest and back and these two things have helped me sleep at night. i hope u can get some relief soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment