Monday, November 16, 2009

Does the skin rash associated with Fifth Disease burn? What other rashes burn and look like this?

Hi, off-and-on for about 3 months I've had deep red/purple patches that come and go on my face and they burn very badly. I've tried everything from aloe, to moisturizer (thinking it might be dry skin), even Cortaid in case it was some sort of eczema (I have eczema on other parts of my body too). No doctor has been able to give me an answer as to what it is -- on doctor said it was probably something allergic, like hives (I'm a very allergic person), and the other said it could be anything from rosacea to a tumor in my intestines!!!





It looks EXACTLY like this:





http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/pictu...





It began one day that I popped a pimple on my cheek, and it's been there ever since. Somtimes I don't have it for a week at a time -- and other times it's red for days straight. It burns really badly too. Does anyone know what this might be?





P.S. The reason I asked about Fifth disease is because it just looks so similar to that rash in the pic|||That picture looks like rosacea to me. My younger daughter gets it. When my older daughter was young she had Fifths disease, twice! Once we were in Connecticut with my mom in hospice. One of mom's friends, a well respected diagnostician, freaked out over the rash and said the girls shouldn't come see grandma anymore...My sister lives in CT. She took the girls and gave the a bubble bath. this caused more differ net rashes. We went to sister's skin doctor who was the head of the Academy of Dermatology and was one of those doc's who related really well. He looked at the three of us and said that we have an extra fold %26lt;who ever noticed%26gt; under the eyes which is an indicator of future skin problems.


we can't use any sort of perfumed products, everything must be hypoallergenic, etc. He said older daughter had Fifths. The other rash was from bubble bath. That was in 1992. In recent years, younger daughter gets a facial rash, just like that in the photo you linked, with is rosacea. It is on and off. Cold or hot make it worse. Spicy foods make it worse. There is lots of information on the web. Look it up, because it's not just a skin disease. It is a circulatory problem. There are natural things that help. I don't know them because my daughter only uses a product called Dermarest.

No comments:

Post a Comment