Friday, November 20, 2009

Any idea what this skin rash might be from?

Yesterday I developed a rash on my stomach in the afternoon. It is spread over my entire stomach, and consists of several dozen small, raised red bumps. They are quite small, almost like freckles, but dark pink and raised. I thought they were heat rash so I ignored it, but today the rash has spread up my neck and itches, and I have found other lone red bumps on my legs that are somewhat larger than the bumps on my stomach/neck.





Also, this morning I woke up with cold symptoms - sore throat, 'plugged up' ears, stuffy nose, etc.





I have made no changes to my detergent, cleaning supplies, sheets, etc. Assume all other variables are controlled. Any idea? Thanks!|||sounds like heat rash., a heat rash happens if you wear thick clothing to keep warm and your skin pores cannot breath. you've smothered your skin pores so they retreat inward and cause a rash. Also, low humidity in your heating environment, like if you use space heaters.|||could be mold.|||Sounds like the Black Plague or chiggers|||possion ivy|||Are you taking any over the counter meds or supplements? Last year I had a nagging stomach rash... The cause turned out to be a newer brand of chewable (Sugar Free) Benifiber. There is no warning on the label but I found out about it on the web. I stopped taking it and the rash went away.|||go to your docs straight away . it sounds though you have developed an allergic reaction to something|||could be a food allergy, have you tried any new foods lately, it so take Benadryl, it will clear right up|||Well, you might have eczema, which is what looks to be what you have on your stomach. You were probably scratching yourself when you didn't know it, while you were sleeping. Eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema, itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding. Areas of temporary skin discoloration may appear and are sometimes due to healed lesions, although scarring is rare. Some ways that you can prevent this are by: moisturize frequently, avoiding sudden changes in temperature or humidity, avoid sweating or overheating, reducing stress, avoiding scratchy materials (e.g., wool or other irritants), avoiding harsh soaps, detergents, and solvents, avoiding environmental factors that trigger allergies (e.g., pollens, molds, mites, and animal dander), and being aware of any foods that may cause an outbreak and avoid those foods. Because eczema is usually dry and itchy, you should constantly apply lotions or creams to keep your skin moisturized. Well, you may or may not have eczema, but I hope this helps!|||Either an allergic reaction or could be Monucliousis. Mono for short. IT is a virus where you often feel sick,fever,skin rash,cold symptoms, etc. I would say go see a doctor|||hmm





Try and look up pityriasis rosea





I had this last year, and it kind of sounds like what you're describing.





If its that, it will last at least 3 weeks, up to 3 months. Mine lasted 3 weeks. But yea, look up that. i hope i helped you





-tara|||try going to { genniesalve.com } its a new product,and it really helps alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment