Monday, November 16, 2009

How do you get rid of a skin rash?.. How can detect what your allergic to?

I have very sensitive skin and I somehow got a rash on my both my arms and neck area from this lotion I used. My arms are very swollen, red, and tender. I can barely bend my arms due to the swelling. I have sracthed so much to the point that they began to bleed. How do you get rid of it and how can you resist scratching?... Im trying to hold out on going to the doctor because they will probably give me something I can purchase at the store. It has been three days now and the swelling, redness, burning, and itch has not gone away. If anyone has any suggestions, please!|||Three days is really too long to live in such misery, you poor thing! Here is a very effective way to take care of your symptoms at home, provided you are not allergic to any of these products.





First, take an antihistamine like Benedryl. It will reduce the itchiness and swelling. Then draw yourself a cool bath and use one or two packets of Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment. It has natural oatmeal which really helps relieve itchy skin. (Hint: dissolve the packets in a few cups of warm water before adding to your bath or you'll end up with lumps of oatmeal!) Soak for at least 20 minutes. Rinse under cool water (the cool water reduces redness and swelling) and pat dry. Finish with Aveeno Skin Relief moisturizing lotion. It also has oat plus dimethicone to soothe itchy skin.





Repeat as needed. If no results are seen within 12 hours, please see a doctor.|||Ooh! I'm so happy I coud save you a trip to the doctor! It's really fun treating yourself this way, and it works, too! Best wishes, Jen. Report It
|||First of all - don't scratch!


You can try asking a pharmacist - they will probably reccommend hydrocortisone cream. It seems to clear up a variety of rashes. It always works for me. You can also try Glaxal Base Cream. Ask your pharmacist if you don't want to see your doctor!|||Skin rash information for many different types of skin rashes is provided below.

No comments:

Post a Comment