Saturday, April 24, 2010

What causes my itchy skin rash? How do I find out for sure?

I dont know what is causing my rash and docters arent that helpful! I get it mostly where I sweat on my arms, neck, between fingers, feet... It is itchy and red. It can be bad at night but bad all day too. It develops into blisters. I never used to get b4 age 30. Is it excema? I take epilepsy medication (lamortigine) so I thought it might be that, but the rash comes and goes. I have been really stressed at work, so I thought it might be that, or a reaction to herbal supplimentsI take sometimes like gotu-kola. I am also wandering if it is a food allergy, so I have been trying to watch what I eat. Could I just have lots of toxins in my body that need to come out or an blocked lymphatic system? I had an opperation where they cut out all sorts of sweat glands when I was younger because of over secretion of sweat, which I am convinced was really bad for me. I really dont want to just use medication that treats the symptoms but not the cause! I want to find out what it is and get rid of i!|||I see exactly where you are coming from, the doctors are hopeless when it comes to allergies. They are only educated in medicine, that's why the doctors draw a blank when you inquire about allergies.





What did the doctor prescribe for you? Let me guess, antihistamines and steroids. Which is fine, it does the job short term. You need to treat your body internally, eating high anti-toxin foods like apples, pears, bananas, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds. Don't expect miracles, when your apply a new diet to your life style.





Your situation seems very complicated. 1) You are on lamortigine, 2) taking herbal supplements, 3) you break out in sweat rashes and 4) your hating your job at the moment. Let's take this in bite sizes:





1) Keep taking Lamortigine, you need to keep your epilepsy under control.





2) Ditch the herbal supplements. I took some omega supplements a while back and I broke out in a terrible rash. Take a simple multivitamin supplement and zinc.





3) I don't know your diet, but you seem like the sort of person that likes his coffee in the morning. Avoid any caffeine products because this disrupts the circulation system. This will cause you to feel itchy and you'll find it hard to sleep well at night. Don't eat any chocolate bars, eat simple healthy food and drink plenty of water. Water is the quickest way to slow down your histamine level.





4) Work causes a lot of stress, which makes you vulnerable to scratch because you feel anxious and nervous. I don't know the sort of problems you've got at work, it could be working hours, co-workers making your life a misery, under pressure situations at work. Whatever it is, don't let this ruin your sleep. Work problems always catch up on you, when you're in bed.





Stick to the medication at the moment, and keep to a low allergy risk diet.





I highly doubt you have eczema! I think you have a problem with your immune system. When you sweat, you also release toxins from your body. This is what causes your skin to be inflamed and itchy.





Good luck, and hope you solve the problem soon.





James Brown|||go to the doctors|||go to a dermatologist - with all the stuff you mentioned thereit sounds like you really need a few appointments.|||Crabs ..............|||It sounds like dermatitis. I get it on my hands and feet, and it starts off with little tiny blisters, which then pop. The skin then becomes really sore and itchy. Usually flares up when I am stressed or run down. Go and see a dermatologist who will be able to establish what it is and prescribe you some cream. I use betnovate.|||Its called Atopic Dermatitis, caused by allergies.


I suffer it time to time.


The answer: betametasona cream, atarax pills, lubriderm moisture cream and a needle weekly with the anti allergy chemical.

No comments:

Post a Comment