Saturday, April 24, 2010

3 Week Skin Rash: Should I get a Second Opinion? Please Advise!?

About 3.5 weeks ago I started to develop a slight rash along my lip line. I didn't think anything of it until it started to get worse by spreading along my entire upper lip and a mild burning sensation. Thus, I went to my doctor, who said that it was likely stressed induced or a reaction to my thyroid medication; he adjusted my dosage and told me to apply Vaseline to the infected area. Well, that didn't work either; in fact it got worse; now my entire mouth is red, the corners of my mouth have lesions and are bleeding, and it feels like razors cutting my lips, even when drinking water. Again I went to my doctor, who told me to take Vitamins C and B-complex supplements. Getting to the point, what could be wrong with my lips (I've never had this before). Should I get a second opinion, since this is the second time I have gone to my doctor and my symptoms haven't subsided. I don't want to offend him by going over his head, but its been 3 weeks, my lips hurt, look gross, %26amp; its embarassing.|||It could be a fungus. Try putting some OTC fungal cream on it twice a day for a few days and see if that helps. Also keep it lubricated. Carmex has phenol in it which helps numb the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment