Saturday, April 24, 2010

I need help diagnosing a skin rash? Any suggestions?

Every so often I get a mysterious rash and I can not determine what it is. I've been to a dermatologist and they were unable to help me as well. It starts out on my upper outer thigh. The first day the area is sore and turns red and puffy. The second day it turns itchy and becomes blistery. After the blisters are popped, the rash turns into a scab and goes away. This rash alternates different parts of my body starting on my thigh and moving to my lower back. above my wrist and behind my elbow. As one spot is healing, another spot is starting up. Sometimes, I only get one outbreak in one spot no place else? I thought it was some type of Staph infection, ie. impetigo, cellulitis but anyone who has had contact with me/the area doesn't catches it? It's not contagious? It comes back alternating in the same spots and there is no set day, time or reason. I've tried to narrow it to something like my bath soap or detergent? I've been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?|||sounds like you got mad gambou.....try soap and water|||Have you ever been diagnosed with excema? I had something similar last winter and the dermatologist first thought it was a contact dermatitis. I washed everything in hot water with free and clear laundry detergent and tried a rash cream. It turned out that I have excema but had never been diagnosed before. Stress makes it worse.|||It might be bedbug bites or dust mites.


Believe it or not I have (right now) the same symptom!


I've been using the same laundry detergent and using the same cologne before the outbreak happened.


Another factor is the weather. If you have dry skin (like I do) that might be causing rash / hives. Keep putting lotion on and drink plenty of WATER.





Another thing is the food you've been eating. Did you change your eating habits lately? You might be allergic to seafood, chocolates and fruits like peaches or watermelon - fruits that have fibers in them.





Do you know if your family has a history of skin allergies such as eczema? You might want to visit ANOTHER dermatologist to get a second or third opinion! Also, try www.webmd.com





I have a doctor's appointment soon. I'll see if I can get some answers!





Meanwhile...don't scratch...just tap them!

No comments:

Post a Comment